Saturday, March 10, 2012

Chef d'œuvre

Still-1000x1435

In my estimation, the Mayans were right on.
Initially, I felt the postulation of the world ending with the end of the Mayan calendar was a load of crap. After further investigation, the most reliable experts on the subject agree that Mayan prophecy doesn't call for an end of mankind on December 21, 2012, more of an end to mankind as we know it, thus the dawn of a new era for mankind. My birthday is December 22.

On the eve of the new era, I pass from Journeyman to Master as attested to by my latest piece which I deem my Masterpiece, "Still Life?".  "Still Life?" demonstrates my mastery of the medium of oil paint by accurately depicting composition, proportion, hue, focus, contrast, reflection, refraction and execution.

What does the new era hold for mankind? The sky's the limit. Now that the people of the world are able to reach global consensus via the internet, government as we've known it is obsolete. This has been made apparent with the continuing global uprising. The ability to re-sequence DNA may bring an end to aging. As we draw closer to expanding off of our planet, we increase the likelihood of the perpetuation of humans as a species.

As for me, it's been purported (by me) that once reality has been mastered, I would return to my natural surreal tendencies. It's been a long road, but I share the bright outlook the future holds for all of humanity in the new era-The sky's the limit!

Posted via email from pooch posterous

No comments: