Saturday, March 3, 2012

Bitch Fest

A, "Bitch Fest" could be fun depending on what it entailed.
Not this one so much. This time last year I was about to have a benign tumor removed from my shoulder-blade. I had (have) a large number of them in my lower-back. I had the one removed because it was in a particularly bad and painful spot. Aside from that, I was in better physical condition than I had been in years. I was very toned, and athletic. This continued in the months after the surgery. I reached a point where I was near zero body fat, and it seemed my fatty tumors had diminished entirely. It was difficult to locate them.
As I've mentioned in previous posts, my, "normal life" came to a screeching halt not long after that last July, when I began to obsessively try to finish what I consider my masterpiece in time for my art show. That didn't happen, and almost immediately after the show I started, "The Will of The People". Because of the nature of the painting, I felt it needed to be finished instantaneously, and worked on it thusly. After it was finished, I was compelled to turn fervent attention back to my masterpiece in the hopes of entering it in The Butler's Midyear show. Entries are due Tuesday. I finished the painting a couple of days ago, and delivered my entry today. All this equates to eight months of  long sedentary hours hunched over painting to the utter abandonment of my previous healthy lifestyle. I gained ten or fifteen pounds, which I could live with if it weren't for the fact that my tumors returned with a vengeance. I guess I can't gain weight without gaining tumor. There's now a sizable one on the back of my neck that makes clicks and squishy sounds in my head when ever I move it. They are quite painful. I've been in constant pain for a solid four months at least. I can't lay comfortably on account of the tumors, and so I deprived of restful sleep making me cranky. I swear I feel like I've aged three years since last July.
The price of art.
Stay tuned for more on, "My masterpiece".

Posted via email from pooch posterous

No comments: