Sunday, June 8, 2008

Moving Right Along

I've got two done, and am half-way through my third in three days, and am feeling the theraputic effects. I say theraputic, because it's hard to face the hang ups I've had with doing quality artwork in a timely fashion. For so many years I was haunted by the spectre of the belief that I could not do a painting I could feel good about in a short period of time. In the past I would have never considered trying. Not that it hasn't taken time, these paintings have taken me 8-9 hours each. I do feel good about these paintings. Seeing them come to fruition in a short period of time is very empowering. I'm looking forward to honing my skills.

This is number two in my series featuring Nikki feeling good, but shy.

The undercoat

Coming along.


Finished



No comments: