Wednesday, April 30, 2014

CsART!

The Legal Creative is a wonderful Youngstown organization who's mission statement is, "Providing artists with the educational, business, and legal resources they need to make a living from their art."
I'm for that.
They are hosting a rather fantastical project this summer. 
 Some of you may get baskets of locally-grown produce delivered to you at intervals during the growing season via a local grower's Co-op. The Legal Creative's program is modeled after this, except rather than fresh produce, subscribers will be receiving, "fresh art" produced by local artists-writers, and musicians throughout the Summer. 
                                                    [Full Youngstown Vindicator Article]


 Competition was rather tight, but I prevailed as one of  nine local artists to participate. I'm thrilled to be a part of this program, and have agreed to produce 50, 5"x7" original oil paintings before June 13th. It's a big challenge. All the works won't be done in my usual, pain-staking, Photo-realistic style, but some will. I will also be experimenting with Gothic, Surreal, Abstract, and Impressionistic styles. I'll be posting the finished pieces here (nearly) everyday for the next fifty days, I hope you'll tune-in.
 

This really is a great opportunity for local art collectors and  no better time to start collecting if you are on the fence. I promise my small paintings will increase in value the moment it arrives in a basket along with the works of  8 other talented local artists.

No comments: