Sunday, August 16, 2009

Onward and Upward

The deadline for participants in The Mosaic Masterpiece Mural came and went on Saturday. We took our piece to the Eastwood mall Saturday morning and placed it on the floor in the spot it was destined to go. Not everyone showed up with their pieces. Three out of the four surrounding mine showed up, and mine matched perfectly with those. I was glad of that because there were volunteers, "touching up" some of the paintings that they felt were incongruent in some manner.  That made me a little nervous, because there was fine detail on every inch of our piece, and I felt there was no room for alteration of any kind. When we were ready to go, I asked Sue if anyone felt ours needed altered in any way, because if it did, I wanted to do it. She said she didn't believe so, but she'd ask the other ladies. The concensus was that they thought it was perfect, and wouldn't dream of putting paint on it. I was happy to hear that.
All and all it was a fun project.
It was a little hurried for my liking.
It will be interesting to see where it goes from here.

Posted via email from pooch posterous

No comments: